Immortal-Networkz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immortal-Networkz... Bring the gaming out of you!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZDemon

Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello. My name is Thomas Wong and I am a student in Cawthra Park Secondary School and this is a short Public Service Announcement for academic purposes regarding Global Warming and our world.

As you all know, Global Warming is an issue that exists in every continent of the Earth. This issue must be resolved before it is too late. I will be informing you about the history of global warming, how global warming has affected our world and what you can do to prevent global warming from destroying our planet. Note that humans started global warming, so humans are also the ones that can stop and prevent it.

In 1824, French mathematician Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier discovered that the Earth's temperature was slowly increasing. His argument was that the atmosphere traps solar radiation and reflects it back towards the Earth. This concluded into the “Greenhouse Effect” which was the theory that huge amounts of Carbon Dioxide in the Earth’s atmosphere were trapping heat from the sun’s radiation. Ever since, the Earth’s temperature has been increasing and action must be taken before the problem gets out of hand. James Hansen quotes “We've already reached the dangerous level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere"; "we've reached a crisis."

Global Warming affects the people, animals, and plants that inhabit the Earth. Endangered wildlife in the Arctic are experiencing the consequences of global warming more than any other place in the world. This is leading to the extinction of polar bears and walruses and also endangering species of seals and arctic foxes. Global Warming affects humans negatively as well. Diseases are being spread due to insect migrating morth from the intense heat and carring diseases along with them. With the water temperature increasing, will mean more frequent and stronger hurricanes and storms. There will also be increased probability and intensity of droughts and heat waves. All these factors will eventually lead to economic consequences as all of these frequent natural disasters do billions of dollars in damage and requires large sums money to treat these types of disasters.

Luckily, there is still hope for mankind. We can still save our planet with the time we have now. But action is desperately needed. Here are a few examples of what we can do to help save the earth. You can reduce your home heating and electricity use. A more energy-efficient home will lower your utility bills and reduce the emissions that cause climate change. By composting all organic waste and recycling paper, cardboard, cans and bottles, you will help reduce the greenhouse gas emissions associated with landfills. You can walk, bike, carpool or take transit to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide going into the atmosphere. These are all little things we can do as individuals to help in the crisis of global warming and remember, “Every litter bit hurts but every little bit helps”.

Here are a few quotes regarding Global Warming from various people.

“In the environmental movement, every time you lose a battle it's for good, but our victories always seem to be temporary and we keep fighting them over and over again.” – David Suzuki

“We are upsetting the atmosphere upon which all life depends. In the late 80s when I began to take climate change seriously, we referred to global warming as a "slowmotion catastrophe" one we expected to kick in perhaps generations later. Instead, the signs of change have accelerated alarmingly.” – David Suzuki

“We simply must do everything we can in our power to slow down global warming before it is too late. The science is clear. The global warming debate is over.” – Arnold Schwarzeneggar

“There are many who still do not believe that global warming is a problem at all. And it's no wonder: because they are the targets of a massive and well-organized campaign of disinformation lavishly funded by polluters who are determined to prevent any action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming out of a fear that their profits might be affected if they had to stop dumping so much pollution into the atmosphere.” – Al Gore

“Today we're seeing that climate change is about more than a few unseasonably mild winters or hot summers. It's about the chain of natural catastrophes and devastating weather patterns that global warming is beginning to set off around the world.. the frequency and intensity of which are breaking records thousands of years old.” – Barack Obama

That leads me to the conclusion to my Public Service Announcement. I hope I have stressed out the importance to take action immediately against global warming for the benefit of our future of mankind because global warming will effect our generation and generations to come and we need to try our hardest to stop/slow down global warming here and now.
I would appreciate any sort of comment/feedback of my PSA. If anyone has questions, please don’t hesitate to ask here or send me a PM regarding this issue.

Lastly, I would humbly request to the Mods to not close this thread as this thread is used for academic reasons as well as a Public Service Announcement.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
bak54

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:20 pm

y put it up twice can u delete one
Back to top Go down
JCont
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:32 pm

thank you for this wonderful announcement!

EDIT
300th Post!
Back to top Go down
https://immortal-networkz.forumotion.com
Mhmd

Mhmd

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Nice Post Really

heheh JCont, it was Your 300th post, and for me It's 77th post Razz

I'd Like to Encourage You ZDemon
Back to top Go down
Gearsofwar

PostSubject: you are preaching to the choir thomas, but those "little" thi   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:39 am

ZDemon wrote:
Hello. My name is Thomas Wong and I am a student in Cawthra Park Secondary School and this is a short Public Service Announcement for academic purposes regarding Global Warming and our world.

As you all know, Global Warming is an issue that exists in every continent of the Earth. This issue must be resolved before it is too late. I will be informing you about the history of global warming, how global warming has affected our world and what you can do to prevent global warming from destroying our planet. Note that humans started global warming, so humans are also the ones that can stop and prevent it.

In 1824, French mathematician Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier discovered that the Earth's temperature was slowly increasing. His argument was that the atmosphere traps solar radiation and reflects it back towards the Earth. This concluded into the “Greenhouse Effect” which was the theory that huge amounts of Carbon Dioxide in the Earth’s atmosphere were trapping heat from the sun’s radiation. Ever since, the Earth’s temperature has been increasing and action must be taken before the problem gets out of hand. James Hansen quotes “We've already reached the dangerous level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere"; "we've reached a crisis."

Global Warming affects the people, animals, and plants that inhabit the Earth. Endangered wildlife in the Arctic are experiencing the consequences of global warming more than any other place in the world. This is leading to the extinction of polar bears and walruses and also endangering species of seals and arctic foxes. Global Warming affects humans negatively as well. Diseases are being spread due to insect migrating morth from the intense heat and carring diseases along with them. With the water temperature increasing, will mean more frequent and stronger hurricanes and storms. There will also be increased probability and intensity of droughts and heat waves. All these factors will eventually lead to economic consequences as all of these frequent natural disasters do billions of dollars in damage and requires large sums money to treat these types of disasters.

Luckily, there is still hope for mankind. We can still save our planet with the time we have now. But action is desperately needed. Here are a few examples of what we can do to help save the earth. You can reduce your home heating and electricity use. A more energy-efficient home will lower your utility bills and reduce the emissions that cause climate change. By composting all organic waste and recycling paper, cardboard, cans and bottles, you will help reduce the greenhouse gas emissions associated with landfills. You can walk, bike, carpool or take transit to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide going into the atmosphere. These are all little things we can do as individuals to help in the crisis of global warming and remember, “Every litter bit hurts but every little bit helps”.

Here are a few quotes regarding Global Warming from various people.

“In the environmental movement, every time you lose a battle it's for good, but our victories always seem to be temporary and we keep fighting them over and over again.” – David Suzuki

“We are upsetting the atmosphere upon which all life depends. In the late 80s when I began to take climate change seriously, we referred to global warming as a "slowmotion catastrophe" one we expected to kick in perhaps generations later. Instead, the signs of change have accelerated alarmingly.” – David Suzuki

“We simply must do everything we can in our power to slow down global warming before it is too late. The science is clear. The global warming debate is over.” – Arnold Schwarzeneggar

“There are many who still do not believe that global warming is a problem at all. And it's no wonder: because they are the targets of a massive and well-organized campaign of disinformation lavishly funded by polluters who are determined to prevent any action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming out of a fear that their profits might be affected if they had to stop dumping so much pollution into the atmosphere.” – Al Gore

“Today we're seeing that climate change is about more than a few unseasonably mild winters or hot summers. It's about the chain of natural catastrophes and devastating weather patterns that global warming is beginning to set off around the world.. the frequency and intensity of which are breaking records thousands of years old.” – Barack Obama

That leads me to the conclusion to my Public Service Announcement. I hope I have stressed out the importance to take action immediately against global warming for the benefit of our future of mankind because global warming will effect our generation and generations to come and we need to try our hardest to stop/slow down global warming here and now.
I would appreciate any sort of comment/feedback of my PSA. If anyone has questions, please don’t hesitate to ask here or send me a PM regarding this issue.

Lastly, I would humbly request to the Mods to not close this thread as this thread is used for academic reasons as well as a Public Service Announcement.

Thank you
you are preaching to the choir thomas, but those "little" things u mentioned arent worth a damn, they arent even a decent stopgap to buy time. global warming is just that ,"GLOBAL" and as long as govts,ppl etc think more of the almighty dollar than they do the environment then the only way theyll get the msg is if they get up one morn, look out the window and see a tidal wave staring back. im sorry to say this but as a species we are the most ignorant on the planet, every animal has a survival instinct and is willing to fight for life, we as a species only think this applies to the individual and surrounding friends and family, when it comes to caring about someone we dont know then we dont care. its as a species working together that we will beat this prob, but as long as we cant see further than the individual we are finished and personally "this sucks saying this but its true" i dont think we deserve to be here, we persecute every animal on earth for our sakes without thinking of the penalties, ravaging,destroying everything in our way and we call it progress, how does that work then? i see similarities in our behaviour to something else, its called cancer and we operate and cut it out. stop global warming? we caused it but we wont fix it, its sad but true. money is more important, its just the way we are, our nature is to destroy. cant stop whats programmed in, dinosaurs had a meteor that told them it was time to leave, maybe global warming is ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement   Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Warming.. Public Service Announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Immortal-Networkz :: Miscellaneous :: Freedom of Speech-
Jump to: